|Location:||Kansas City MO|
Director, Business Development & Sales
Growing specialty manufacturing firm located in greater Kansas City MO area, has an immediate newly created position for a dynamic, experienced sales leader. This is a newly created role, that is a hands-on sales leader, developing new accounts, managing a current team and developing and growing the sales team as the business continues to grow. This role will own the sales function for this rapidly growing company. Average growth has been 12-15% per year for past 5 years of this privately held firm.
- Lead and motivate the sales team to achieve and exceed established sales quotas to New and Existing Clients.
- Prospect for new opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships to existing customers with the goal of customer retention and ensuring ongoing maintenance revenue.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly manage the day-to-day activities of the sales team, providing leadership, coaching and mentorship.
- Oversee and manage sales negotiations and RFP responses.
- Develop incentive strategies including contests and rewards to maintain motivation.
- Hands-on management by participation in client meetings, and calls and providing coaching to sales staff on ways to improve
- Maintain personal production in addition to managing/supporting sales staff by:
- Managing and growing services offered to new and existing clients
- Creating, qualifying, and assisting with developing new sales opportunities through cold calling, account strategy, proposal generation, client relations and networking.
- Building ongoing relationships with client organizations to ensure retention by readily recognizing client needs, issues and resolutions
- Accountable for the timely creation, completion, submission and follow-up of all client proposals
- Successfully oversee new client on-boarding ensuring smooth integration working in conjunction with Account Management. Anticipate and plan for potential barriers/issues to successful implementation.
- Develop and maintain competitive knowledge of products to leverage in sales cycle.
- Consistent performance against quotas, goals and targets.
- Ability to mentor, grow and direct sales team as needed.
- Familiarity with sales CRM systems.
- Prior tradeshow experience.
- Up to 25% travel for tradeshow and client development.
- Create and assist in marketing campaigns designed to generate interest and awareness of new products, programs and enhancements.
Company offers Outstanding compensation package with a guaranteed base salary, strong commission plan to compensate targeted growth and full benefits package.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 15+ years’ outside sales and 5 years of sales management experience, preferably in a manufacturing and or healthcare equipment products industry.
- A passion to drive sales
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong closing skills
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, competitive and a self-starter
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have an unending work ethic and can comfortably interact with staff and clients of all types .
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A valid driver’s license and travel in a car is required for this position to and from client locations.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Company offers a very strong compensation package, guaranteed base salary plus strong commission plan to compensate targeted growth as well as a full benefits package, full expense account..