|Title:||Senior Human Resources Director|
Senior Director, People Operations
Location: St. Louis, MO
Category: Food - Snacks
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: CEO
Direct Reports: 4
Our client, a growing consumer products manufacturer has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior HR Director. This role is located near the metro St. Louis county area.
As the Sr. Director, People, you will lead the overall people agenda for over 500 associates within the company, including corporate functions and our two company-owned manufacturing sites. This role reports to the CEO, will sit on the company’s leadership team, and will partner closely with the functional heads and the Hazelwood Operations leadership team which supports our largest plant. Direct reports include the Director of Corporate HR and the HR associates at each manufacturing site.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a true business partner to our senior leadership team and advocate for our team members all while leading our People team, executing people initiatives, driving employee engagement and company culture and creating a strong and stable workforce in our company owned manufacturing sites. Your work will be integral to building an enduring brand that improves how consumers snack!
- Partners with Company leadership team and Plant leadership teams to create people strategies that align with strategic short- and long-term goals and employee engagement and satisfaction
- Provide leadership to HR staff to develop and ensure HR programs are aligned with and directly support the business’s strategic mission objectives
- Directly supports daily HR activities in the St. Louis Plant location
- Coaches senior leadership to develop people management skills in others
- Develops relationships with employees at all levels that foster trust and respect for organizational values and can influence and coach effectively
- Partners with the leadership teams at each manufacturing site to develop an overall people strategy for the operations, ensuring that we have the right recruiting, onboarding, training and retention programs in place to meet business needs. Evaluates how to build bench strength and ensure the right people are in the right jobs
- Assesses training and development needs, implements programs and evaluates results.
- Leads the corporate HR team to effectively develop and design benefit and compensation strategies to align with the organizational goals, analyze cost effectiveness and remain competitive and attractive to new and existing employees
- Ensures that the HR teams provide exceptional service to employees by providing guidance, resolving problems and implementing change effectively and responsively
- Ensures legal compliance and mitigates the Company’s risk in HR matters.
Proactively partners with Legal on escalated employee relations issues and complaints
- Owns and facilitates overall performance management process and develops programs to ensure adequately robust & timely feedback and calibration across locations
- Directly supports ensuring our values are understood and being incorporated into programs, training and behavior
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in human resources or related field; and 7 to 10 years related human resources experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with an emphasis in human resources. Master’s degree or JD preferred.
- HR certification preferred (SHRM-SCP, SPHR)
- Demonstrated success building teams/developing the people agenda within manufacturing organizations with a large hourly non-union population.
- First and foremost, passionate about building and developing a world-class team. You really like people and understand the importance of feeling fulfilled at work and have the knowledge and experience to back up how training, development, and culture play an important role in work place satisfaction.
- Very strong problem solver – navigates myriad of rules & regulations to come to optimal outcome for employees and company.
- ‘Switzerland’…has appropriate balance and managerial courage to assess a situation on its merits and do the right thing as an advocate for all employees, regardless of level.
- Servant style leader and coach. Motivator. Culture builder. Champion of the workforce.
- Leader with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to partner with all organizational levels in driving growth and improving systems, while still maintaining the ability to roll up her/his sleeves to ‘act alone’ in a young and rapidly growing company
- Possess excellent judgment, deep understanding of HR principles and practices, demonstrated leadership and business acumen. Solid understanding of employment law, compensation, benefits, organizational development,employee relations, training, and recruiting.
- Effective administrator who can move between issues, projects and planning activities to ensure business needs are met in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Creative problem solver, with the ability to collaboratively resolve difficult conflicts as they arise
- Possess an executive presence, having exhibited the desire and ability to communicate effectively with groups at all levels and all sizes
This job operates across office, manufacturing and supply chain environments. While most time would be spent in an office environment, daily presence in an operating environment would be expected to adequately understand and support the workforce.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required along with the lifting of some light weight packages. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, this is a leadership role and will need to float to the work as appropriate to accomplish goals, including some presence on off-shifts at time given 24x5 nature of manufacturing. Given the multi-site nature of the business, some level of travel will be expected, up to 25% of the time based on business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a full time direct hire position, with outstanding salary, bonus eligibility and benefits package. Position located in St. Louis County area, only St. Louis candidates please.