|Title:||Associate Legal Counsel|
Associate Legal Counsel
The Lion Forge, LLC operates two business divisions: Lion Forge Comics, a consumer product publisher, and Lion Forge Labs, a business-to-business creative services studio. Lion Forge, LLC, is part of the Cel Shaded Ventures family of entertainment companies, which includes an animation company and a music publishing company.
Lion Forge Comics creates award‐winning comic books and graphic novels with globally‐recognized licensed properties and on‐trend original concepts, bringing single issues, serials, trade paperback collections, and original graphic novels to market. As an African‐American‐owned company committed to “Comics for Everyone,” we strive to publish titles that reflect the diversity of our world in the characters, the creators, and the Lion Forge team.
Lion Forge Labs provides creative services for companies and organizations who want to take their brand story-telling to the next level. We create compelling content with proven retention rates higher than traditional mediums. Lion Forge Labs works with a variety of nationally‐known entities.
Our company is growing exponentially and developing new and exciting revenue streams across multiple and varied entertainment industry platforms.
This Associate Legal Counsel will provide legal advice and guidance to company constituents in the areas of contract review, trademark research and intellectual property law. Under the general direction of the Chief Legal Officer, this individual will provide direction and legal counsel to all Cel Shaded Ventures businesses and affiliates.
- Review, research, write, negotiate, and summarize a wide variety of agreements including licensing, publishing, distribution, work-made-for-hire, supplemental rights, vendors, services, non-disclosure, confidentiality, and other general business contracts
- Develop, inform, and execute trademark and copyright portfolio strategies to preserve and protect company IP, including trademark research and preparation (but not including proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board or other litigation), and copyright registration and maintenance
- Lead, oversee, and execute contract management and compliance systems and strategies
- Develop, implement, and maintain clearance processes for content
- Assist with strategic partnership deals and mergers and acquisitions
- Advise and train business units on minimizing risks and maximizing legal protections and rights
- Interact with and assist in the management of outside counsel to ensure timely and cost-effective service delivery
- Research industry developments, unique legal issues, and changes to the law
- Supervise and manage paralegal support
- JD with a license to practice law in the State of Missouri
- Experience with trademark research
- Experience with contract review
- Experience with intellectual property
- Previous experience working in publishing, media, IP, and/or entertainment
This is a full‐time, salaried, exempt position requiring availability during business hours and extended availability as needed. Compensation will be determined by market and experience. The Lion Forge, LLC policy provides benefits to full‐time Lion Forge employees that include paid holidays, additional paid time off, and subsidized health insurance.