|Title:||Production Operations Manager|
As Production Operations Manager, you will lead the production operations for the plant. This is a critical leadership role for the company, and key contributor to ensuring we are modeling the values the company was founded on. This role reports to the Plant Director, but will partner very closely with the Quality, Maintenance, Warehouse, Human Resources, Finance, and IT teams. Direct reports include the production supervisory roles across shifts and supports all production employees as needed.
- The Operations Manager will have oversight of production operations for the plant and will own ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers while adhering to our values and standards for quality and food safety
- Builds stable and positive work environment and workforce that is conducive to food manufacturing and ongoing growth
- Executes the operating model, ensuring training completion, oversight and adherence to formula/process & quality specifications
- Coordinates closely with scheduling to ensures adequate resources and plans are in place to achieve targets
- Monitors balanced scorecard of metrics and responds with bias for action where needed to achieve targets
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Maintenance, Quality and Product Development to ensure a consistent, safe and wholesome product
- Partners with supporting leadership team to ensure common purpose and shared accountability in driving continuous improvement across the company
- Ensures adherence to GMPs
- Monitors facility conditions to ensure safe & sanitary environment
- Drives continuous improvement/cost savings pipeline in manufacturing
- Onboarding and performance management responsibilities.
Projects and Other Responsibilities:
- Leads and/or participates in implementation of new processes and practices
- Supports financial planning with input into site budgets; understanding variances and initiating corrective actions
- Leader/champion in implementation of continuous improvement and quality systems/certifications
- Travels as needed to support the business (5% or less)
- Maintains continues improvement of production training and development of staff.
Who we are looking for:
- Servant style leader and coach. Teacher. Champion of the workforce.
- Floor focus, with attitude of roll up her/his sleeves to help ensure plans are in place, understood, supported and effectively executed in multi-shift environment
- Effective administrator who can move between short, medium & long-term needs
- Results-oriented mindset with grit and a bias for action
- Builder of teams and individuals
- Leader who constructively challenges others and can quickly and collaboratively resolve difficult conflicts as they arise
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Depth of continuous improvement practitioner experience, preferably in TPM environment
- FSMA/PCQI certifications preferred
- Audit experience with regulatory bodies (FDA/USDA) and third-party audits (SQF/AIB)
- Command of statistics and statistical process control tools
- Proficient user of ERP tools, prefer implementation experience
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- BS/BA in engineering, scientific discipline or similar applied field required
- Minimum 6 years’ experience within a food or beverage consumer products (CPG) environment is required, with strong preference for both breadth and depth of operational experience
Outstanding compensation, full benefits package and bonus eligibility offered. This is a first shift role.