- The Plant Director will have full oversight of the entire facility and will own ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers while adhering to our values and standards for quality and food safety.
- Builds stable and positive work environment and workforce that is conducive to food manufacturing and ongoing growth
- Directs, develops and executes the operating model, ensuring appropriate processes are in place for training, oversight and adherence to formula/process & quality specifications
- Conducts end-to-end operational assessment of current state vs. needs, prioritizes opportunities and ensures adequate plans to achieve targets
- Creates balanced scorecard of metrics to measure, analyze and monitor performance and establishes appropriate review/response from such measures
- Builds and maintains strong relationships across functional teams and leverages them to ensure a consistent, safe and wholesome product
- Partners with supporting leadership team to ensure common purpose and shared accountability in driving continuous improvement across the company
- Ensures best practices and policies related to GMPs, sanitation and environmental controls are strictly adhered to
- Develops and manages continuous improvement/cost savings pipeline to support overall competitiveness
- Actively oversees overall facility conditions to ensure safe & sanitary environment
Projects and Other Responsibilities:
- Leads and/or participates in implementation of new processes and practices
- Partners closely with Quality and R&D teams to ensure understanding and alignment on specifications and appropriate assurance steps are in place
- Partners with VP of Supply Chain and Technical Operations in prioritizing overall resources and aligning long-term capital and capacity plans
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the site budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Travels as needed to support the business (15% or less)
Who we are looking for:
- Servant style leader and coach. Motivator. Culture builder. Champion of the workforce.
- Leader with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to partner with all organizational levels in driving growth and improving systems, while still maintaining the ability to roll up her/his sleeves to ‘act alone’ in a young and rapidly growing company
- Effective administrator who can move between issues, projects and ‘drum beat’ planning activities to ensure business needs are met in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Results-oriented mindset with grit and a bias for action
- Highly analytical and creative problem solver, with the ability to collaboratively resolve difficult conflicts as they arise
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Depth of continuous improvement practitioner experience, preferably in TPM environment
- FSMA/PCQI certifications preferred
- Depth of audit experience with regulatory bodies (FDA/USDA), consumer audits and third-party audits (SQF/AIB)
- Command of statistics and statistical process control tools
- Proficient user of ERP tools, prefer implementation experience
- Strong project management skills
- BS/BA in engineering, scientific discipline or similar applied field required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within a food or beverage consumer products (CPG) environment is required, with strong preference for both breadth and depth of operational experience and at least 2 years of plant leadership experience
This is a direct hire full time permanent role, with outstanding compensation, benefits, bonus package. Position located in Greater St. Louis Metro area. Prefer only St. Louis based candidates please!