Our client, a growing distribution firm has an immediate opening for a Sr. Accountant. This person will play a pivotal role in the accounting department reporting directly to the CEO and will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable, receivables, payroll GL, monthly financial compilation and monthly reporting functions. This role will be heavily involved in analyzing financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and tax liability. This is the primary senior accounting role within this firm and will grow into assuming more accounting management functions and oversight as a planned career path with future company growth over the next several years. If you are seeking a employee supportive, highly collaborative, fun business office environment, this is the place for you!
- Prepare all journal entries and generate accurate month end financial statements in a timely manner
- Review and analyze monthly financials for significant fluctuations between budget, forecast and actual results. Prepare a written report of causal factors noted
- Prepare and post journal entries for month-end closing
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for management review
- Prepare various schedules related to the year-end audit, quarterly reviews and required reporting
- Monitors and prepares cash flow analysis and reporting
- Support monthly close process
- File taxes in accordance with all local, state, and federal requirements while avoiding overpayment
- Process payroll for hourly and salary staff using IPS
- Ensure timesheets are accurate and ready for processing
- Enter all payroll related data changes ensuring accuracy
- Generate payroll financial reports
- Process expense reports in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with departmental procedures guidelines
- Prepare and oversee the calculation of sales commissions
- Maintain general ledger chart of accounts
- Maintain detailed fixed asset records
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Create forms and manuals for accounting personnel.
- Responsible for creating and assisting with the development of fiscal policies and Projects and Process Improvement Initiatives
- Maintains all confidential information in accordance with all company policies and procedures. Confidential information includes but is not limited to customer information, credit card information, team member information and proprietary company information.
- Maintain proper organization and documentation of all accounting and payroll documentation
- Consult with outside CPA firm on regular basis.
- This is a hands on role, performing these tasks listed.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by CEO.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including the application of general accounting theory
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Previous Experience with Great Plains or related accounting systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong Multi tasking skills required.
- Collaborative personality and mindset to support the duties and work culture.
- Ability to meet financial deadlines on a monthly, quarterly basis.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with complex accounting issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with 5+ years of corporate accounting experience required
This is a direct hire full time permanent position located in West St. Louis County area. Only considering St. Louis or relocating candidates.