|Title:||Director of IT|
Director, Information Technology
Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to: CFO
Direct Reports: 3
As Director, Information Technology, you will lead the overall IT agenda for the company and our headquarter/field-based staff and two company-owned manufacturing sites. This role reports to the CFO and will partner closely with the functional heads as well as the St. Louis Operations leadership team which supports our largest plant. There are three direct reports.
The Director of Information Technology will be responsible for overseeing information technology for both Infrastructure and Business Systems including implementing and managing key initiatives and strategic projects across multiple functional areas of the business, both technology and operational.
- Recommends and develops short and long-term IT strategy and plans for systems implementation, IT service management and operations, capital and operating budgets, and staffing to accomplish business objectives.
- Leads the overall stabilization and refinement of existing ERP implementation & planning/execution & support of next generation ERP phases.
- Responsible for creating both broad programs and detailed project plans across the various projects and departments to ensure appropriate stakeholder buy-in, scope clarity, resources defined & deliverables are in place to ensure a successful outcome.
- Assists in the support of current operational systems and in the development and implementation of a roadmap for future systems. Supports the training and adoption of these systems throughout the organization.
- Ensures proper governance in place for management of changes to ERP and other business critical systems
- Develops, implements, and monitors policy, information security, asset tracking, backup/disaster recovery and regulatory compliance across the organization.
- Ensures timely, effective use of technology to support business goals/needs and ensures the organization utilizes an effective model for the fulfillment of information technology services.
- Manages internal and external project resources to ensure project success in a mixed matrix environment.
- Establishes and maintains communications with the executives, management and key stakeholders on projects regarding IT activities.
- Centrally manages all license, communication and vendor contracts.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Management or similar discipline
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT operations, management and best practices
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role required; ability to lead people and get results through others
- At least 2 years in a business analyst position, supporting one or more operating departments and/or software platforms preferred
- Mid-market size ERP, CRM, Ecommerce and EDI system experience essential
- Experience in consumer product goods (CPG) environment required
- Demonstrated capability of balancing vision, operational requirements and technology alignment into an overall implementation plan and detailed budgetary requirements
- Demonstrated project management skills in managing small and large projects with the ability to be “hands on” to ensure system adoption throughout the teams.
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of solutions to meet business needs
- Proven background in working with Sales, Operations, Accounting, IT and Executive leadership to define and execute plans to implement new system or business processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives and management regarding technology concepts, plans, operations and requirements
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PMP certification considered a plus
This job operates across office, manufacturing and supply chain environments. While most time would be spent in an office environment, an occasional presence in the operating environment would be expected to adequately understand and support the workforce.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required along with the lifting of some light weight packages. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however, this is a leadership role and will need to float to the work as appropriate to accomplish goals, including occasional presence on off-shifts at time given 24x5 nature of manufacturing. Given the multi-site nature of the business, some level of travel will be expected, up to 25% of the time based on business needs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a direct hire full time permanent position with an highly competitive base salary plus bonus incentives and outstanding benefits.