|Title:||Production Supervisor - 3rd shift|
The 3rd shift (10:00 PM - 6:30 AM) Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and safety of personnel, the quality and safety of food products, the ongoing housekeeping of assigned areas and adherence to the production schedule while minimizing scrap (food waste) and optimizing line efficiencies under the guidance from Production Manager. Actively engages in root cause analysis and continuous improvement exercises providing solutions to issues and how to optimize results. Maximizes the use of personnel through ongoing training, coaching and regular daily feedback.
- Maintains the entire work area in a neat, safe and orderly fashion at all times using Lean Manufacturing techniques. Complies with all Company and Plant policies and procedures including conformance to the facilities’ GMP program (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Insures all OSHA guidelines are followed at all times and reports any unsafe conditions to superior immediately. Validates the use of the Plants’ lock-out/tag-out procedures, job rotation program, etc. as needed.
- Verifies quality standards (water activity, bar color, code dating, carton quality, weight control, etc.)
- Insures employees complete and record requisite quality tests.
- Manages raw material scrap reduction (elimination of food waste), ongoing superior weight control and elimination of hold product.
- Controls direct labor costs by insuring high line efficiencies and first pass yields that meets or exceeds Plants’ goals.
- Schedules employees to standard levels or below while minimizing the use of overtime.
- Manages the cleanliness, scheduled maintenance and repair of all equipment through assigned machine operators. Verifies all equipment is free of tape or other temporary repairs and submits work orders as needed to maintain equipment in like-new condition.
- Performs required set-up and changeovers using pre-flight checklists, testing of all equipment prior to scheduled start time and the use of SMED tools. Change parts are to be maintained in designated area completely sanitized and protected.
- Validates that all prior runs’ materials are cleared from the area to prevent mixing of doughs, jams, film, cartons and master cartons.
- Attains 100% of daily schedules as written to ensure total customer satisfaction for on-time departure.
- Develops, maintains and posts visual key performance indicators (KPI’s) to provide ongoing feedback regarding productivity, quality, safety and sanitation and housekeeping. Conducts daily “tailgate meetings” for employees covering prior days’ performance and current days’ requirements.
- Maintains all required paperworks. This includes but is not limited to recording of lot numbers of materials consumed, assigned quality checks, production quantities, etc. Reconciles with QA records for verification of quantities to ensure ability to trace all materials at 100%. Maintains and corrects payroll for assigned employees daily
- Supports various Corporate initiatives to include Lean Manufacturing, SPC, and others.
- Manages direct reports providing timely feedback on goals and objectives. Maintains and develops a motivated well-trained staff. Addressed both positive and negative performance and behaviors as needed.
- Provides well thought-out ideas to ongoing issues regarding food safety, quality, cost reduction, turnover, etc. and takes own actions for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Management, Business Management or related experience
- 5+ years' of food manufacturing experience in Supervisory role. Experience in a bakery with high speed wrapping and cartoning equipment is a plus.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English as a first or second language to properly follow quality standards, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and detailed operating manuals.
- Adherence to safety, GMP and efficiency standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have solid math skills with the ability to interpret results.
- Sound mechanical aptitude to “see” issues causing quality or throughput issues and assign resources to repair.
- Able to plan, organize and schedule machinery and personnel to scheduled requirements